This tutorial explains how to contribute to an existing Knowledge using the Open Editor.
Remember that once you submit the Knowledge for publishing, the scientific committee will analyze it and decide independently if they are rejecting the draft (that means you have to change something before resubmitting it) or publishing it.
For more information please see the Publication Rules and the general publication process.
- Go to in the “Knowledge” page… for example select “Formats”.
- The system will show you the Formats List… Select, for example, “Cerebral Cortex”
- You can see that this Knowledge is “not active”: this means that another Author has requested to modify that. It will again become available at the date and time shown in Expire Data. Only one user can update an existing unit of Knowledge at a time (See Publication Rules for more details).
- If you select another unit of knowledge not yet booked, for example Enzymatic System, the button “EDIT” will appear. Press it if you want to contribute.
- Depending on the category you chose, you can insert a lot of different specifications. Only Standard Name is mandatory but the more complete is the knowledge, the more likely it is to be published.
- Insert Images you want to add or modify.
- Insert Links you want to add (leave the “tag” field Empty unless you know how to use it).
- When finished, press “SAVE”.
After you save the draft, in the page “my Knowledge” you can see it and you can click on it and continue the process.
After saving, you will see the content. You can decide to:
- Modify it again with the “EDIT” button;
- Send to Scientific Committee with “SUBMIT”;
- Delete it completely (“DELETE” button);
- Leave it saved in your “My Knowledge” page: just open any other Knowlative page such as “Home” of “Knowlative”. You can work again on your draft later. Remember to publish it in 72 hours.
After you Submit the new knowledge, in your “my Knowledge” page you can see the status. No changes are allowed while the Scientific Committee evaluates it, so please check the content carefully before submitting.
For more information read Publication Rules.
The Knowlative team