Follow the link if you need more general information on what you should publish in the category #reference.
Important: If you leave a field empty it will not be shown in the “detail” view. So, if a field does not “apply” to the content you are adding, just leave it blank.
Name and General Features
This field is mandatory, if a Unit of Knowledge does not have a name you cannot save the draft.
Insert here the name of the Reference. If the English version is available insert here the English reference.
Insert in this name the translation in the selected language of the Standard Name. This field is only for languages different than English. If the reference is already in your language, you can leave this field empty.
All knowledge in Knowlative can be either Modifiable or Non-Modifiable.
- If you choose your knowledge to be “Modifiable”: every other user will be able to update your version of the knowledge. You will remain as “First contributor” (Author) of the Knowledge and every other user that updates the contents will become “Contributor”. Browsing the history of the Unit of Knowledge your version will be always available. You should assign this feature to your Knowledge if it is “Common” knowledge and, even if it is an original idea, if you want it to evolve faster with the contribution of the community.
- If you choose your knowledge to be “Non modifiable” only you will be able in the future to update this knowledge. Every other user can create a “Clone” of you knowledge (only 1 clone is allowed) and modify it. Once the 1st clone is created it is “Modifiable” and anyone willing to update that knowledge can update it. You initial version will not be touched. You should assign this feature to your knowledge if it is an original idea and you prefer to keep it as you thought it.
Read more information on How to Use Open Editor.
Follow this link to the tutorial on how to use the description/text editor.
Insert here the description of the Hand Mode and how it is composed. Insert also every useful information to use it.
In this section you can upload up to 6 images related to your Unit of Knowledge.
Follow this link to understand how to use the image uploader.
Follow this link to know how to insert a link and a tag and to create a hyperlink in one of the descriptive fields (Second Section) to the link you are inserting.
Link here all the Authors of the Reference. If they are not yet in the Database, you have to submit first the Author description.
If this Unit of Knowledge is part of a Group, link it here to add this Unit to the Group.
Related Vocabulary Items
Link here all useful vocabulary entries.
This field is only for backward compatibile with the previous Knowlative version. Will be deprecated soon. If you are adding new items please use the following fields.
Link here the sources you used to build this Unit of Knowledge. Remember: before adding a new link to a source, you need to verify that the source you are searching for exists in the database. The Unit of Knowledge designated to this function is the “Reference” UoK.
Link here the useful link you used to explain this Unit of Knowledge. The difference between a “Useful link” and an “Internal link” is that, when publishing the UoK, the first one appears as a reference, while the second one is only used to create a link in the text and therefore does not appear as a stand alone item in the published UoK.
Link here the internal link you used to easy access on the others Unit of Knowledge. The difference between a “Useful link” and an “Internal link” is that, when publishing the UoK, the first one appears as a reference, while the second one is only used to create a link in the text and therefore does not appear as a stand alone item in the published UoK.
At the end of the draft press the Save button when you are finished entering all useful information on your knowledge. After pressing “Save” you will see the “detail” view of the contents you created.
- “Edit” it again if you are not satisfied;
- “Submit” it for publishing if it is ready;
- “Delete” it if you changed your mind;
- Leave it for later: just click on any other page of the app. You can find it later in “My Knowledge”.
The Knowlative Team