- To make less tense or rigid.
- To make less severe or stringent.
- To relieve from nervous tension.
- To cast off social restraint, nervous tension, or anxiety.
- To seek rest or recreation.
- Of a muscle or muscle fiber- to become inactive and lengthen.
- To attain equilibrium following the abrupt removal of some influence (such as light, high temperature, or stress).
The emotion of Relaxation is found in the Pericardium meridian in the Fire element.
Definition from Dictionary by Merriam-Webster.